Ascent to Excellence
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bethany Public School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
Position: The Bethany Public School District has an anticipated opening for a full-time qualified Spanish elementary classroom teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
Reports to: Principal
Salary: Per current Bethany Education Association contract.
Benefits: Per current Bethany Education Association contract.
· Valid Connecticut State Department of Education Certification in Elementary Education and/or Spanish and/or World Language Instruction.
· Experience with developmentally appropriate, activity-based teaching and learning.
· Near native fluency in Spanish.
· Experience teaching foreign language to elementary aged students with emphasis on listening and speaking.
· Demonstrated knowledge of differentiation for high achieving and struggling learners.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively with others.
· Demonstrated skills with instructional technology.
· Strong organizational skills.