Ascent to Excellence
To challenge and inspire every student to become a lifelong learner and a resilient, independent, literate, caring, creative, responsible world citizen.
Our Beliefs and Commitments
We believe that…
- Educating children is our first priority.
- Education is a community-wide responsibility and requires the active engagement of all stakeholders.
- The individual worth of each child must be celebrated.
- Every student can learn and deserves an equal opportunity to learn.
- Every student has special gifts and talents to be discovered and nurtured.
- Positive attitude and effort lead to accomplishment.
- Physical activity, the arts, and play are essential elements of a comprehensive education.
- Education must focus on active learning, using critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
We are committed to …
- Empowering students to become resourceful learners who can apply their knowledge.
- Challenging each student to reach his/her full potential.
- Respecting individual and community values.
- Integrating twenty-first century technology throughout our school.
- Investing in our professional staff to enhance instruction.
- Developing and retaining exemplary teachers.
- Providing a safe, secure and positive environment.
- Managing our financial resources efficiently and effectively.
- Advancing the Bethany School District together as a community.
District Improvement Plan